4 Ways Ministry Kills
There is a line in one of my favorite movies I often quote. “You’re killin’ me, Smalls!” If you haven’t watched Sandlot, I recommend it. This phrase comes in handy.
Sometimes we say or feel this because we are frustrated when others don’t understand us. However, many times ministry literally is killing us.
4 Ways Ministry Kills:
- Ministry Kills Passion – The day-to-day ministry (or people) demands can kill my enthusiasm and passion to represent Christ well.
- Ministry Kills Relationships – Ministry can kill my relationship with my spouse, family and friends when I I let it consume my thoughts, time, and energy.
- Ministry Kills Love – Ministry can kill my love for others, because people can be quite critical.
- Ministry Kills Trust – Ministry can kill my trust in God and others when I become overwhelmed.
We could go on, but you get the picture. So, if this describes you – at least some of the time – what should you do?
First of all, you are not alone. Don’t beat yourself up for feeling this way. However, you need to intentionally put some changes in place.
2 Steps You Can Take:
– Create Healthy Bonds
- Find a trusted friend or coach.
- Let God be God, He will carry your burdens too.
– Create Healthy Boundaries
- Guard your family time.
- Guard your heart.
John 15:16 reads, “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit – fruit that will last – and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.”
Remember, you were chosen. Go in Christ’s love and power.
- What changes do you need to put into place?
- Who can help you?
- What are you waiting for?
Connect Socially With Us